East German China. If it has a DDR or made in the German Democratic Republic stamped on the underside, I am sorely tempted.
I have coffee mugs, milk jugs, sugar dishes, a couple of cake plates and some dinner plate. I'm on the look out for a coffee pot.
I don't know why it appeals to me. Maybe because the DDR is gone forever? I remember when Woodwards used to sell it on $1.49 day. There I have really dated myself to Canadians.
Lately, I've been seeing patterns I've never seen before. I'm used to the flowers on a white background with a gold rim but bits and pieces of very different patterns have been showing up. I don't know if it's because this part of Alberta attracts immigrants from the East Bloc or what but I appreciate seeing the differences.
I also have a soft spot for Ian Rankin detective novels. If I wind up with a duplicate, I pass them on to my car pool buddy.
Now, when you see GDR/DDR dishes you'll think of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Start as you mean to go on
Feeling accomplished! I had asked spousal unit to clean out the cabinet under the kitchen sink and he agreed. He retired in 2012 and kept p...
-
62921702.jpg (1294×2000) (ssl-images-amazon.com) Cold Pursuit is the first book in a planned series by Nancy Mehl. It's a quick read, ...
-
https://youtu.be/cx_Htlxpc4A This book was a great read. It ells the story of three young American friends who go off to war in the Pacifi...
-
https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=41&q=the+swindler%27s+daughter&cvid=f355e2e34aa540dea3e255c39a7eb4d3&aqs=edge..69i57j0j69i60j6...
I do love Ian Rankin novels! x
ReplyDeleteI'm just warming up to Fox. We'll see where that goes.
DeleteStuart MacBride makes my hometown look like it's full of murdering madment.
Just found you via frugal wife/family in fife.
ReplyDeleteI love Ian Rankins too - had you heard the news that he is bringing Rebus out of retirement?
http://angalmond.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/top-rankin.html
blessings [I am 57 and counting!]
REALLY!!! I'm squeeing like a fangirl.
DeleteI miss the yearly treat. My kids used to buy the new one for me.