Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good Bye My Faithful Friend

Well, I've had to put Pippa to sleep.  The Colitis.  I'm pretty sure she had an abdominal Cancer.

Her doctor found a lump in her undercarriage back in May when she had her physical but wasn't too concerned because Elkhounds are lumpy dogs. 

Well, a cyst on her hip ruptured in July.  The drainage smelt like every cancer patient I've ever cared for.

August saw her have a seizure coming home from the groomers.  It was hot.  Most of her humans were gone for the summer.  So it was written off to stress.

September saw the Colitis and her trip to hospital.  Her doctor said the xrays showed a "mass".  The special diet worked for two weeks.  But my Pippa was getting stiffer in the hind legs.  Walking a 100 feet was too far and she just wasn't herself.

October brought Pippa distancing herself from her family.  She'd forget that she'd eaten.  She fell off the front steps.  Then the bowel movements changed for the worse and she soiled herself in her sleeping area.  She'd ask to go out after the event.

Good bye, my precious.  We will miss you.  All I can hope is that there really is a Rainbow Bridge and Rocky, Jake, Lady, Kafka, and all the hamsters threw a hell of a welcome party for you.

The jeep still has her fur floating in it.  No matter how much I clean that car and hoover the house your fur will be here to remind us of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start as you mean to go on

Feeling accomplished! I had asked spousal unit to clean out the cabinet under the kitchen sink and he agreed.  He retired in 2012 and kept p...